Blood Drive a success

Spring-Ford+students+%28from+left%29+Joe+Morgan%2C+Cody+Lutz%2C+Gunnar+Romano%2C+Peyton+Gensler%2C+Mandie+Pierce%2C+and+Lexy+Hammer+take+part+in+the+school%27s+blood+drive.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Blood Drive a success

Spring-Ford students (from left) Joe Morgan, Cody Lutz, Gunnar Romano, Peyton Gensler, Mandie Pierce, and Lexy Hammer take part in the school's blood drive.

Sydnee Sherrick

Sydnee Sherrick

Sydnee Sherrick

Sydnee Sherrick, Editor in Chief

Even with schedule changes and snow days, nothing could stop the semi-annual Spring-Ford blood drive from being a success.

In total, sixty-seven units were donated with ninety-eight people registered, fifty-four being brand new donors.

The numbers were right on target with the totals at the last blood drive, despite the rescheduled date. Often times, donors have to drop out for one reason or another, whether it be an athletic event later on or a bout of illness. 

Anyone who is at least seventeen and weighs 110 pounds or more is eligible to register to donate, and there is some preparation that should be done prior to giving blood. It is a necessity for donors to be hydrated prior to the process as roughly 11 people could not donate a complete pint this past session due to dehydration. Proper nutrition and a proper night’s rest need to also be taken in order to be ready for the day. Not following these recommendations can lead to nausea later on.

With one pint of blood, three lives can be saved. After you donate, you get endless cookies and stickers while not having to participate in gym.

Keep an eye out for the spring blood drive that is expected to happen in either March or April.

• Blood Drive a success

News

College cost should be on students’ minds

• Blood Drive a success

News

Technology makes a breakthrough at SF

• Blood Drive a success

News

Spring-Ford sings at Kimmel Center

• Blood Drive a success

News

Flu season’s upon us

• Blood Drive a success

News

Spring-Ford wins B101 Christmas Choir Competition

• Blood Drive a success

News

Update on NASA’s journey to the sun

• Blood Drive a success

News

Officers eye Spirit Week safety

• Blood Drive a success

News

Journalist’s death raises questions

• Blood Drive a success

News

Making best of split decision

• Blood Drive a success

News

Justice Kavanaugh confirmed amid controversy

Blood Drive a success