SF’s 9th-Grade Center hires new building principal

Dr. Kelly DiPietro-Edwards joins school district after long career in education.

Staff Photo

Dr. Kelly DiPietro-Edwards is pictured in her office at the Ninth-Grade Center.

Laela Stackhouse, Staff Writer

Spring-Ford welcomed a new leadership voice to its administrative team this summer when Dr. Kelly DiPietro-Edwards joined the district as the Ninth-Grade Building Principal.

The longtime educator is grateful for the warm welcome she received at Spring-Ford.

“My transition to the Spring-Ford team has been absolutely amazing,” DiPietro-Edwards said. “Everyone has been warm and welcoming. Everyone has been so happy and so helpful and willing to pitch in and do what needs to be done for students.”

Di-Pietro Edwards dedicated her early educational career at the Twin Valley School District as a middle school Spanish teacher for 10 years. In 2016, she transitioned to administration as an Assistant Principal at Twin Valley, a position she had held for the last six years.

DiPietro-Edwards replaces the retired Dr. Tina Weidenbaugh, who worked in the school district for the past 37 years.

“There is a lot of institutional knowledge here in the staff, just learning about the history of Spring-Ford and, specifically, the Ninth-Grade Center,” DiPietro-Edwards stated. “It’s great to think about all the wonderful things that have been done and look forward to other work that needs to be done.”

During her educational career, DiPietro-Edwards attended five different universities, beginning with undergraduate work at Penn State University before moving to Kutztown University, Villanova University, Wilkes University, and finally earning her Doctorate of Education degree at Drexel University.

During her time at Twin Valley, DiPietro-Edwards developed a passion for motivating not just her students but also herself. She learned how to engage students on their own personal level and read every student’s unique needs. She also discovered her joy for helping other teachers as well as students, and wanted an opportunity to grow from her position as the assistant principal in her motivation to assist teachers and students in their educational successes.

DiPietro-Edwards has loved the opportunity to aid in the growth of the ninth-graders. As a former house principal at Twin Valley, she has experienced following students through advancing grades before and feels enthusiasm for the opportunity to remain with one grade and grow relationships with the teachers in one building.

“It’s nice being in a role where my focus is also working with teachers and helping other house principals,” DiPietro-Edwards remarked.

DiPietro-Edwards believes that flexibility is the key to being a good teacher, understanding that a teacher must make adjustments to help each student where they are needed the most.

Her advice for students is that they seize the day and appreciate the moment.

“The next four years will go by in the blink of an eye,” DiPietro-Edwards said. “I encourage all students to get involved early so that when you look back on high school, they are full of memories and of friendships you’ve made along the way.”