Seniors look forward to prom

Jamie Ford, Editor-in-Chief

The class of 2022 is excited for their senior prom scheduled for May 14, from 6-10:30 p.m.

They are the first class to hold a traditional prom event since the spring of 2019.
¨I’m really looking forward to it,¨ said senior class president, Matt Ricca. ¨The place we rented out is super nice.

“The class before us didn’t have one, so I’m very grateful we are able to have a prom. I think it’s going to be a night to remember.¨

The anticipation of this last hurrah has been pent up since the cancellation of the 2020 and 2021 traditional prom events. There’s a newfound appreciation for these traditions after COVID-19 stole so many events the past two years, and so the seniors are going to seize this opportunity to return to a semblance of normalcy at long last.
The class of 2022 will finish out their high school careers strong with an upscale venue at The Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel in King of Prussia. The event will feature a DJ (who takes requests), a rich buffet, and an extravagant promenade entrance where students can participate in a livestreamed RCTV interview broadcast as they make their debuts for the night.

“My friends and I were super sad we didn’t get a prom (last year),” said senior Yy Li, “but this makes up for it.”

The cost of attending prom is $80 per ticket which will be sold during lunch in the cafeteria over the final two weeks of April.

If one would rather ride to prom in a bus than on your own, they should sign up in the 12th grade office by Friday, April 8.

If attendees plan on bringing a guest that does not attend Spring-Ford, they should pick up a guest form with the 12th Grade House Office by April 8.

The post prom event through SNAP will be at Arnold’s Family Fun Center in Oaks from 10:30 p.m. to 4 a.m.
All these bells and whistles show the class´s appreciation for what seniors-of-past missed out on. Prom is the high school’s undeniable cake topper.

No matter how rigourous, stressful, arduous, hectic, or sleep-depriving school can get, prom encourages students to finish out strong and relish in the future opportunity they´ve built for themselves.