Saying Thanks

Impact Awards recognizes educators who made a difference.

Teacher+Leah+Stallard+is+joined+by+students+at+the+Impact+Awards+ceremony.+The+event+allows+seniors+to+honor+an+individual+who+impacted+them+during+their+Spring-Ford+career.+

Photos courtesy of Spring-Ford

Teacher Leah Stallard is joined by students at the Impact Awards ceremony. The event allows seniors to honor an individual who impacted them during their Spring-Ford career.

Brenna Whiteside, Staff Writer

Spring-Ford seniors have had a pretty unusual year, but COVID-19 did not stop the annual Senior Impact Awards ceremony.

“Getting the opportunity to hang out with the students and recognize colleagues was encouraging and uplifting,” Spring-Ford English teacher Leah Stallard said.

The Senior Impact Awards is where any Spring-Ford senior can nominate an individual that has impacted them in any way through their educational career in the district. The students and their teacher will spend an evening together and get recognized by the district.
Even though there had to be some modifications to the event, it was very well worth it to the students and nominees.

“Being impacted means that students actually enjoyed my class for more than just its content,” said Stallard. “They felt comfortable asking questions and participating in discussions and enjoyed the atmosphere of class.”

The night started with a social gathering in the gymnasium, where some teachers and students exchanged gifts. Soon after, they were all escorted into a room where the nominees were announced and awarded their certificate with the students following behind. Pictures were then taken behind a backdrop and then the socialization continued.

For some seniors, like Lauren Colasanti, events like this spark the realization of senior year coming to a close.

“Having the Impact Awards and other senior events made me realize that senior year is really coming to an end, and I’m happy that I’m getting to spend it with people I truly care about.”

Overall the night was one to never forget for senior students and their nominees. These teachers have impacted their students that will set them up for future success in college and careers.