SF girls golf team returns as defending champs

Andrew Eross, Staff Writer

After a dominating performance in PAC play last year to secure a first-place finish,  the Spring-Ford girls golf team is back on the links ready to be repeat as champions in this odd 2020 fall season.

Thanks to strong performances from freshman Nicole Yun, Cierra Giffith (all PAC team), and Morgan Kunze, as well as junior Aleena Ghanta (both all PAC team honorable mentions), the Rams solidified themselves as a powerhouse in the Pioneer Athletic Conference when they clinched 1st place in a match against Boyertown. 

Hopefully this talented lineup of golfers will remain champs with a second straight PAC victory as they are poised for another great year since their top golfers are returning with experience. 

Going into her now senior season, golfer Aleena Ghanta knows the Rams have more to prove and can repeat their previous successes. Ghanta knows this year’s golf team has potential to do just as well as last year, and if not better. 

“We had a very young team last year, and we have seven returning players this year,” Ghanta said. “It is my hope that we continue to stay focused throughout the season and work as a team to get the lowest scores possible, as any of our eight girls can count as the top-four scores for any of the matches.” 

On a personal level, Ghanta looks forward to competing in the District One Tournament in her final year as a Ram. 

“Hopefully I can continue to improve my scores throughout the rest of our matches and qualify for Districts on Wednesday (Sept. 30),” she said.