Matriccino, Krause fuel Spring-Ford tennis

Matt Dunne, Sports Editor

Mia Matriccino won her first singles match 6-2, 6-0, as did her teammate Cady Krause who won 6-0, 6-0, to pace the Rams to a dominant 6-1 victory against Methacton. The Rams were also able to take home all of their doubles’ matches to secure the resounding victory. Next, the Rams return home to host Pottsgrove on Tuesday.

BOYS GOLF

Spring-Ford 199, Perkiomen Valley 200

Luke Watson, Joe Niblick, and Garrett Wible all shot 39’s to lead the Rams over the Vikings on Sept. 22. Chris Cowgill of Perkiomen Valley had the lowest score of the day as he shot a 34 at Raven’s Claw GC.

Spring-Ford wins over Upper Merion

Luke Watson shot 36 and Joey Chillano added a 41 to lead the Rams to a victory over the Vikings on Sept. 23.

Spring-Ford, 193-Phoenixville, 203

Noah Kim, 38, and Joey Chillano, 39, both turned in huge rounds for the Rams’ as they climbed to 3-1 within the PAC on Sept. 24. Ryan Josudowich matched Kim’s 38 to lead the Phantoms to equalize for the best round of the day.

Field Hockey 

Perkiomen Valley 5, Spring-Ford 1

Spring-Ford traveled to Perkiomen Valley on Friday to kick off their 2020 campaign. They unfortunately fell at the hands of a good Vikings team, 5-1. The Rams’ lone goal came from sophomore Julia Corropolese. Next up, the Rams will be traveling to face Boyertown on Monday.

Boys Cross Country

Spring-Ford 25, Boyertown 36

While Boyertown was able to take the first two spots in the race, Spring-Ford’s depth is what got them the win, as they would take the next 8 spots of the top ten. Spring-Ford was led by freshman Quinn Smith who ran 17:08, as well as senior Liam Baker who ran 17:40. The Boys’ will look to build off this win as they will host Perkiomen Valley next week.

Girls Cross Country:

Spring-Ford 32, Boyertown 24 

The Girls had a rough matchup against the Bears as Boyertown was able to place six runners in the top 10, however a bright spot in the loss was sophomore Abigail Duersch as she was able to lead Spring-Ford with a time of 23:07 to earn second overall. The girls team will look to rebound this week against rival Perkiomen Valley.

Girls’ Volleyball 

Boyertown 3, Spring-Ford 0

Emma Ludwig (9 kills) and Grace Rineheimer proved to be too much for the Rams on Friday as they fell to the Bears 25-12, 25-17, 25-17. On Wednesday, Spring-Ford will get a shot at redemption when they face off with rival Perkiomen Valley.