Colyer named principal of high school

The longtime Spring-Ford administrator will take over after Dr. Patrick Nugent’s upcoming retirement.

Dr.+Robert+Colyer+will+become+Spring-Fords+next+High+School+Principal.+

Submitted Photo

Dr. Robert Colyer will become Spring-Ford’s next High School Principal.

Jackie Vickery, Managing Editor

The Spring-Ford Area School Board approved the promotion of Dr. Robert Colyer to High School Principal on July 20.

Colyer will replace Dr. Patrick Nugent, who will retire August 7 after decades of serving the district. Coyler is very well known in the Spring-Ford community as he served as House Principal the last 14 years.

“I am honored to serve the high school staff, students and community in the new role of High School Principal,” Colyer said in a news release on the district’s website. “I am very proud of what Spring-Ford offers and the growth that we have achieved. I am eager to continue working with a great teaching staff, support staff, students, and the community to continue the legacy that Dr. Nugent built over the past two decades.”

Colyer holds a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Immaculata University, as well as a Master of Education and Bachelor Arts in Criminal Justice from Mansfield University.

Before becoming a principal at the Spring-Ford School District, Colyer began his career in public education as a special education teacher at Mechanicsburg Area School District in 1997. After his years of teaching at Mechanicsburg, in 2005 he proceeded to work in administration at the Central Bucks School district before moving to Spring-Ford as an administrator in 2006.